Micro Controller Programming
Microcontrollers play an important role because they add intelligence, flexibility, control and interactivity to electromechanical products that we use. Household appliances like microwave oven, refrigerators, thermostats, alarm system, washing machines etc., almost all modern automotive, office accessories like photocopiers, scanners, fax and printer finger print attendance system all use microcontrollers. Not to mention its use in aircraft, spacecraft and robotics and medical technologies.
With such omnipresence of microcontrollers and their development in the industry, the demand for professionals in embedded and microcontroller systems is very high. This Microcontroller Programming Training is designed for students planning to develop project in microcontroller systems. This is especially beneficial for engineering final year students who are developing project based on microcontroller and embedded systems.
This training course will equip students with the practical knowledge and skills to become capable to work in actual job scenarios. Thus, this course is ideal for students from programming background who are intending to move into embedded system especially Microcontroller design and programming.
With this course students will be able to perfect their circuit design concepts and skills. Students will also be able to develop project concepts in microcontroller programming and advance their knowledge and practical skills in workings of any circuitry.
How the Microcontroller Programming Training course is designed?
This training program is designed to impart foundational knowledge on microcontroller and microcontroller programming to the students. This program will deal in depth about the programming language used in microcontroller programming and various strategies, tools and techniques for writing codes for microcontroller programming. This program will enable the students to develop a device and its integration with interface. With this course we aim to produce capable programmers who will be able understand basic requirement and then design layout for creating a microcontroller using the concepts they gained during the training.
This Microcontroller Programming course is divided into following components:
- C programming refresher knowledge --- Optional for those having previous knowledge in C programming and compulsory for those who don’t have prior knowledge in C programming.
- Microcontroller basic--- fundamentals of microcontroller, circuit board and its components
- Writing codes--- hex code, binary codes (machine language)
- Interfacing with different output devices like LED, LCD etc.
How we conduct classes for Microcontroller Programming Training:
The classes are conducted on two hours daily basis, with one hour each for instructional and practical sessions. Students are provided with practical examples and introduced to industry practices. At the completion of scheduled instructional syllabus, students will be assigned Project work, which will help them to realize the level of learning and professional expertise in students. During the project work, students are constantly guided, monitored and supervised by the project supervisor.
- To enalbe students to know about microcontrollers, their operation and uses
- To provide knowledge of writing codes for microcontrollers systems and integrate the codes with circuitry.
- To make students solve their final year project by their own effort.
- Making the learner completely familiar with the microcontroller as well as making them able to read any sort of sort of electronic device with the help of the microcontroller.
Who can join Micro Controller Programming?
Those who are interested in the electronic field along with some programming knowledge can take this training. It is not necessary that the learner should be of engineering background. But some knowledge of programming language like C, C++, etc will be very beneficial.
Hence, the training will be beneficial to all the final year student of the electronics engineering plus to those who have interest in this field.
Module 1: Introduction to microcontroller
- In this section students will be able to know what is microcontroller and what we can do with the help of microcontroller.
- With the end of this chapter students should be able to know the different scopes of microcontroller.
Module 2: Architecture of Microcontroller:
- In this section student will be able to learn about the pin configuration of microcontroller.
- The pin configuration of different types of microcontrollers like Atmega328P, Atmega168P, etc.
- All the pins and how they are configured will be discussed in this section of course.
Module 3: Burning the code in to the microcontroller:
- In this section the basic knowledge on how to code and how to burn the coded program in the microcontroller chip will be given to students.
- With the end of this section students should be able to code and burn the program in to the microcontroller chip.
Module 4: LED interfacing:
- In this section student will be taught to control the LED with the help of microcontroller.
- With the end of this section learner should be able to know about the data bit pins of the microcontroller and do stuffs like blinking the LED.
- Under this section student will be given the practical knowledge of interfacing the 16*2 LCD with the microcontroller.
- The main aim of this section is to make student able to interface LCD with microcontroller and write the character into the LCD
Reading the analog parameters:
- This section is mainly focused to spread the knowledge on how to read the signals from any sensors and how to code according to the need of the sensor.
- With the end of this section student will be able to read the data from any section and code according to the type of sensor.
- Under this section student will be given practical knowledge with everything at the practical room.
- Student will be given chance to discuss about their final year project and solve issues.
- Some project development task will be given to students so that they can develop a completely new device made up of microcontroller.